Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Middle of the night happenings

Last night Rylan and I went to bed about 9 well him 9 me 9:30....This was after a nap That went from 6 pm till 8 pm .....Rylan slept till 2 am so I fed him changed him and put him back in his bassinet about 2:30 .........

He didn't want to sleep and kept fidgeting, so I went over to get him and just as I did he spit up a bunch of milk looked like he was gonna choke on it I flipped him over and he was fine ( I hate the "only sleep on their back rule" for this reason) then I moved him over to Randys side of the bed and he spit up a little more I then tucked him in on my side so I could change his sheets and blankets in his bed....When i was done and went to get him he had somehow pee'd up his backside and soaked his special swaddle blanket and our bed ..OMG he dosen't sleep well if not swaddled and i am no good at swaddleing with a regular blanket I should of just put his blanket int he wash right then but i thought he would fall back asleep ....

When Randy got home a little after 3 we tried putting Ryaln to bed he wasn't going for it....so Daddy held him for a while then put on his birdie light show with some shadow hand puppets curtasy of daddy for Rylan to watch while he drifted off to sleep did it work nope so into bed he came with us ..Randy held him a while with the fiber optics light flowers on Rylan loves those but he still didn't want to go to sleep He wasn't crying just wide eyed awake and not wanting to be alone finally at around 5:30 I took him and he nursed himself to sleep then at 6:30 Randy and I thought it would be safe to move him back to his bed NOPE no such luck he woke up as soon as I layed him down so back to bed with us I nursed him back to sleep and he slept til 9:30.........What a night ....

Today I get to wash our sheets and top blanket 2 months ago I would of never slept in a pee'd bed but last night I was too tired to worry about it the pee spot was only about the size of a salad plate and we only have one set of good sheets...... I hate our others I think on our next paycheck I am going to get us another good set of sheets... I am just thankful it wasn't a overfowing poopy diaper.....

ON A BETTER NOTE
Rylan smiled at Randy last night and smiled at me again this morning his smile is so sweet I can't wait to get a picture of it ......

No comments: